Choosing a Realtor is so important. The purchase or sale of a home is typically the largest transaction a person will make in their lifetime. A sense of trust, professionalism, work ethic and connection is essential. A full-time real estate representative is essential. Imagine having a doctor, dentist, lawyer who only works part-time whilst working full-time in an entirely different vocation. Don’t settle on anyone who doesn’t feel right. You deserve professional advice! Here are a list of 23 great questions to keep in mind:
1. How long have you been selling real estate?
2. What is the percent of Sellers compared to Buyers that you serve?
3. Can we cancel the listing if we’re not happy?
4. Do you have a licensed personal assistant?
5. Do you recommend that I hire an attorney?
6. May I see your resume or personal brochure?
7. What systems do you have in place that will keep you in constant contact with me during the listing and the transaction?
8. Are you fully automated with your own personal computer, fax machine, copier, smart phone, mobile phone, etc.?
9. May I see all the paperwork that you are going to ask me to sign?
10. What professional designations do you have?
11. want to give my home the advantage of the latest marketing strategies. How much time and money do you invest each month in professional training?
12. Why are you personally motivated to sell my house?
13. Why should I list with you rather than any other REALTOR® who is calling on me?
14. What kind of experience and training do you have in negotiations?
15. How many homes do you sell in a year?
16. Will you personally be there when contracts are presented and handle all the negotiations?
17. Do you have a web site, blog, twitter site, facebook page, LinkedIN site?
18. Will you directly market the property on the Internet?
19. Do you follow-up on all showings on the house and report the comments back to me?
20. Do you have an assistant to make sure no details are overlooked?
21. What part of your business is from referrals/past clients?
22. Do you market with direct mailings on my property?
23. What motivates you in your business? (look for a connection, a sense that a relationship of trust can be built)
It’s likely that you don’t interview people very often. And yet, in order to find the REALTOR® who is right for you, you may interview several. The quality of your home selling experience is dependent upon your skill at selecting the person best qualified.
It’s interesting that in the real estate business, someone with many successfully closed transactions usually COSTS THE SAME as someone who is inexperienced. Bringing that experience to bear on your transaction could mean a higher price at the negotiating table, selling in less time, and with the minimum amount of hassles.
The world is populated with REALTORS who are wrong for you. For example, the housewife who sells an occasional house because she needs a little pocket change, or the insurance salesman who believes he can handle two careers, or perhaps your cousin, who really needs your business.
The sale of your home could well be the most important financial transaction you have ever been involved with. The person you select can make it a satisfying and profitable activity, or a terrible experience. It’s your home, and your money. The choice of your REALTOR® is up to you. Make the selection carefully.
Should you wish to ask me any questions you can visit my website or social media sites by clicking here Ryan Roberts