Bloor/Gladstone Library Branch Re-Opening
Thursday, July 23, 2009. Doors open at 12 noon.
Family entertainment – Refreshments – Special presentation from Heritage Toronto
1101 Bloor Street West – 416-393-7674 – torontopubliclibrary.ca
Key Features of the newly renovated library include:
– In with the old, in with new: a completely renovated historic facility with a modern addition.
– A much larger library: a 9,000 square foot addition providing a striking street presence.
– Longer hours: now opening 9 a.m. Monday to Friday.
– A library that is easier to use: complete barrier-free accessibility, express check-in and check-out.
– State of the art technology: a new Learning Centre, 44 computers throughout the branch, Wi-Fi Internet access.
– More to enjoy: almost 70,000 new books, CDs, magazines and DVDs.
– Your home away from home: reading lounges for adults and children and a vibrant teen zone.
– More meeting space for the community: bookable meeting room and four group study rooms.
– A greener building: a new environmentally-friendly, partial green roof, expanded outdoor landscaping, an outdoor reading garden, 19 new trees to the site.